What to do when you receive your new Citi Credit Card?
You did apply for a credit card by Citi bank, after applying and getting approved. The next thing you need to do is to citi.com/activate your new credit card. It is because most Citibank requires cardholders to activate their new card before they can make use of it. Although there are different ways you can activate your Citi credit card.
How to Citi.com/activate your Credit Card
Below are the ways you can physically activate your credit card;
- With the Citi Mobile App.
- Through the Citibank Online.citi.com/activate.
- Using Self-Service Phone Banking.
How to Citi.com/activate Credit card through Mobile App
- Open the Citi mobile app, and tap on the “User Registration” button.
- Input the 16-digit number on your credit card, and click on “Continue”.
- Enter your CVV and date of birth. Then tick the box to agree with Citibank’s “Terms and Conditions” and click on “continue”.
- Enter the One-Time PIN (OTP) send to you via SMS or in-app to proceed.
- Next, click on “Activate Card Now”.
However, to complete your card activation the process with the Citi mobile app, and click on the “Continue” button. Then it will proceed with Citi mobile app registration.
Online.citi.com/activate for Credit Card
- Open any of your web browsers.
- Go to https://home.cards.citidirect.com/.
- Navigate to the sign-on section, and click on “Register as a Cardholder”.
- Enter your 16-digits credit card number.
- Input your CVV and date of birth.
- Now, select a 4-digits PIN.
- Then, click on “Activate your Card now”.
Activate your Citi credit card through Self Service Phone Banking
This process is very simple and fast for Citi credit card activation, below is how it works;
- Go to your mobile phone call section.
- Now dial the number 8995-9999, and call.
- Input your card number and press (1).
After you follow the above steps, your card will be activated. You don’t have to talk to a Citi officer on phone to activate your credit card.
What do I need in order to Activate my Citi Card?
You will need to provide a One-Time-PIN or OTP, to activate your credit card through Citibank Online, Citi Mobile App, and CitiPhone. To get your OTP, you can check the primary mobile number you registered with Citi.
When I receive my Physical Card, how do I activate it?
- Login to the Citi Mobile app.
- On the home screen, click on the “activate your physical credit card” button.
- You will see a pop-up page, enter your 3-digit CVV number at the back of your card.
- Then click on activate.
After, your physical card will be activated, and you can start making use of it.