It can be frustrating when HBO Max is not working on your Samsung TV when you are no longer able to watch your favorite shows. Having a Samsung TV gives you access to different applications. Samsung TVs permit you to download lots of popular streaming apps like HBO Max.
HBO is one of the most popular streaming services that offer an incredible collection of TV shows and movies.
But when this HBO Max app stops working, it can be annoying. Well, this article is providing possible ways, how you can fix the common issue of HBO Max not Working on Samsung TV.
Possible Reasons for HBO Max not Working on Samsung TV
Are you one of those having the issue with HBO Max on your Samsung TV? If yes, let us go through the possible reasons why the app may not be working. Possible solutions to the problem will also be provided.
This is to ensure that if your complaint falls into any of the scenarios, you will be able to fix it. But for now, let us look at why HBO Max is not Working on Samsung TV.
- If HBO Max was not pre-installed on your Samsung TV, there is no way it will work on your TV. That is if you have an older Samsung TV, you will have to download it manually.
- Another reason for HBO Max not working is that you cannot download it. This is a connection issue so you will have to check if your TV is rightly connected to the internet.
- There is also another scenario where you have downloaded the app already, but it has refused to install.
- It may also be that you have installed the app already but it is not loading.
- People also lay complaints about HBO Max not Working on their TV, after they have installed the app. They complain of not being able to watch their selected video. This is because the app has not been updated to the latest version.
- Another reason is that the HBO Max cannot connect to their TV. The reason for this is a connection issue.
These are the possible scenarios why HBO Max will not work on Samsung TV.
How to Fix HBO Max not Working on Samsung TV
If you are having the issue of HBO Max not Working on Samsung TV, then you should follow these guidelines on how to fix it. Below are the ways through which you can fix HBO Max not Working on Samsung TV.
- Inspect your Wi-Fi connection.
- Check your network status.
- Cold boot your Samsung TV.
- Update your HBO Max application.
- Observe your internet speed.
- Update your Samsung TV software.
- Stream through external sources.
- You must reinstall HBO Max.
1. Inspect your Wi-Fi Connection
You must inspect your Wi-Fi connection if it is connected to your Samsung TV. If it is connected and it is still not working, you will have to reset your internet.
To do so, unplug the modem/router and plug them back in after one minute, then turn on the Samsung TV and try again.
2. Check your Network Status
If HBO Max is not working on your Samsung TV, you will have to check if your Samsung TV is properly connected to the internet. You just press the Menu button on the remote control and go to Network > Network Status to find out.
3. Cold boot your Samsung TV
Cold booting is a fast way of fixing the HBO Max issue on the Samsung TV, it has proved to be useful when people try it out. There are two ways you can cold boot your Samsung TV. There are listed below
- You can cold boot your Samsung TV with the remote control. Press down the Power button on the Samsung TV remote. This process takes about 5 seconds. Your Samsung TV will reboot itself, turn off, and put it on again.
- Cold booting can also be done with the plug. Unplug your Samsung TV from power, leave it unplugged for at least 30 seconds, and plug it back in.
4. Update your HBO Max Application
If your HBO Max app is outdated, it may result in HBO Max not working on Samsung TV. So, you will have to check if your HBO Max app is updated. To do so, turn on your Samsung TV, go to Apps > Setting > Updates > HBO Max, and choose Update to update it to the latest version.
5. Observe your Internet Speed
Poor and inconsistent connection speed can result in HBO not working on Samsung TV, so you will have to check your internet connection to know if it is working well.
6. Update your Samsung TV Software
Your Samsung TV software needs to be updated for the HBO Max app to work well. To update it, turn on your Samsung TV, and go to Settings > Support > Software Update > Update.
7. Stream through External Sources
If your HBO Max app is not working on your Samsung TV, you can stream through external sources. You can access HBO Max in three different ways, and they all require external devices or adapters. You can use;
- Chromecast to cast HBO Max from your phone, computer, or any other smart device.
- Airplay 2 to stream HBO Max right to your Samsung Smart TV.
- HDMI cable to connect your computer, phone, or other smart devices to your Samsung Smart TV.
8. You will have to Reinstall HBO Max App if it Not Working on Your Samsung TV
You will have to delete the app and reinstall it on your Samsung TV to help stop the HBO Max problem.
Fixing the issue with your HBO Max when it not working on your Samsung TV will be an easy thing if you heed the above guide.