These days there are a million Apps online offering us streaming services. Some of which include the Sling TV. Sling TV is available to stream on a lot of Smart TVs like Samsung, but only a few lucky people get it pre-installed on their TVs. In case your Samsung Smart TV does not have Sling TV pre-installed, you can download it in one of the following ways that are about to be listed.
Before we can stream, we first need to download the app, install it, and then launch it. But this also has different methods as not all Samsung Smart TVs support the streaming service.
How to stream Sling TV on Samsung Smart TV
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and connect it to a strong WIFI network.
- Take the Samsung TV remote and press the home button.
- After which, you will be taken to the Samsung Smart Hub.
- Click on the Apps option.
- Go to the search area on the top right corner of the screen.
- Search for Sling TV and select the app.
- Now you need to download and install the Sling TV app on your Samsung TV.
- Open the app and sign in with your details.
With these steps, you should be able to stream the various channels available on Sling TV.
How to stream Sling TV on Unsupported Samsung Smart TV
If you’ve searched for the Sling TV app on your Samsung Smart TV and you still can’t find the app, it could be that your TV model doesn’t support the streaming app. All hope is not lost though, there is a way to bypass this little hurdle. All you need to do is cast it onto your big screen. The steps to do this are as follows:
How to stream sling TV on Samsung Smart TV from a mobile device
One of the ways to overcome this obstacle is to Cast it on your Samsung Smart TV. You can also use this method if you just feel like casting it from your phone, not necessarily when it’s unsupported.
- First, you need to sign up for Sling TV. If you don’t know how to do this, there’s a description below.
- Then you need to download and install the Sling TV app on your Android or iOS device.
- Sign in with your details.
- Connect your mobile device and Samsung Smart TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Start to use the app on your mobile device and select a channel to start watching.
- Once you have opened it you will see a cast icon at the top. Tap on it.
- A list of devices will appear, choose your Samsung Smart TV.
You should see the content which is playing on your phone being displayed on your screen.
How to stream Sling TV on Samsung Smart TV from a PC
If you have a PC and you don’t want to use your phone to cast onto your Samsung Smart TV, you can use your PC instead to stream and cast the Sling TV’s content onto the screen. Here’s how to achieve that:
- First, you need to connect your Windows PC and Samsung Smart TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now, go to Google Chrome on your PC and sign in to the Sling TV website.
- Click on the three dots at the top right corner. A menu will appear with different options
- Pick the cast option.
- A cast menu will open. Then a list of devices available to connect will appear.
- Click on your Samsung Smart TV immediately after you see it.
- The contents from your PC should be on display right now.
Stream Sling TV on Samsung Smart TV with Streaming Stick
Streaming sticks like Roku and Amazon Fire can also be used in place of other methods. This is because they have access to streaming services like sling TV.
These sticks are useful in the sense that they not only have access to the app but you can also use them to stream on the Samsung Smart TV. If you’re interested in getting it can be purchased on Amazon.
Other methods to watch Sling TV on Samsung Smart TV
Stream By using Google Chromecast on a Mobile phone
- Check if your Samsung Smart TV has a built-in Chromecast.
- If it doesn’t, plug your Chromecast device into the HDMI port of your Samsung Smart TV.
- Connect your Chromecast and Mobile phone to the same WIFI network.
- Go to the Sling TV app on your Mobile phone.
- Input your account info to sign in to your Sling TV app
- Pick your choice of content.
- Look for the cast icon on the top bar and select it.
- Select the device you wish to cast on.
- Your content should begin to play by now on your Samsung Smart TV screen.
By using Google Chromecast on a PC
- Connect your Chromecast and PC to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your PC and go to their website.
- Sign in with your Sling account info.
- Click on the three dots on the right top side.
- Click on the cast option.
- Select the device you wish to cast on from the list provided.
- Click on the sources tab and select the Only Tab option.
- You can now cast your Sling TV channels on your Samsung Smart TV.
By using SmartThings App
- If you use an Android device, go to your Play Store app. If you use an iOS device visit the app store.
- While you’re their search for the SmartThings app, download and install it.
- After installing, open the app and select the Add device option.
- A list of devices available for you to connect to will appear. Pick your Samsung Smart TV.
- A PIN code will appear on your TV screen, select the PIN Code on your phone.
- Open the Sling TV app on your smartphone and pick any content you wish to watch.
- You can now see your phone’s content on your Samsung Smart TV screen.
How to activate Sling TV on Samsung Smart TV?
- Sign in to the Sling TV from your Samsung TV.
- Write down the five-digit activation code displayed on the TV
- Open any browser of your choice on any device and visit https://www.sling.com/activate.
- Input the code displayed on your TV screen and click on the forward-facing arrow.
- Either sign up or sign in
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the activation and start streaming.
How to sign up on Sling TV
If you have gone through all the features and pros and cons of Sling TV and you want to get it, follow these steps.
- Go to the Sling TV website.
- Click on the ‘Watch Now’ button.
- Input your email address and a secured password.
- Select from the options Sling Orange, Sling Blue, or both.
- Scroll down and you will see a place to select any add-ons called ‘Extras’.
- You can buy a premium package.
- Input your payment details. This service accepts PayPal as well.
- Click on ‘Finish & Submit.
You can now watch/stream Sling TV on any device.
Will I get local channels on Sling TV?
The only local channels available on Sling TV are FOX and NBC. But this is also only in a few cities.
What are the premium channels available on Sling TV?
There happen to be a lot. But some of them include Showtime, Starz, Epix, HBO, Cinemax, etc.
Is the sling app available on Samsung smart TV?
Yes, the Sling TV app is available and comes preloaded on the Samsung TV. You just need to make sure your Samsung TV is connected to the internet.
Does sling tv work on Samsung smart TV?
Yes, the Sling TV work perfectly fine on the Samsung TV.
Can’t find sling tv on Samsung smart TV
If you can’t find or you did not see the Sling TV app on your Samsung TV, you don’t need to panic. It might be that your Samsung smart TV is out of date, you just only need to update it.
Why can’t I find the Sling TV app on my Samsung Smart TV?
This can be because your Samsung Smart TV is unsupported. It can also be because your Samsung Smart TV is outdated. Upgrade it.
Why is Sling TV not working on Samsung Smart TV?
Sometimes the issue is your Sling TV app. Ensure that you are trying to install the latest app. Also, ensure you have a strong internet connection.
Why Sling won’t install on Samsung TV?
This might be because of a weak WIFI network or perhaps even a slow internet connection. Sometimes though it might be that your device is not compatible with the app version. Try to get the latest version of the app.
- Chase.com/activate – Activate your Chase Credit Card
- How To Install Spotify on LG Smart TV?
- YouTube TV App Not Working on Samsung TV – Fix Issue
- What Happens When Your Credit Card Expires
- What is Apple AirPlay, and How Does it Work?
- Samsung Smart Tv Remote Not Working – Fix Issue
- How to Get and Watch Tubi on LG Smart TV